Lady Frankland, who built the church in 1851 as a tribute to her husband, was very interested in designing and painting stained glass windows. The church has some examples of her work, the most noticeable being the window in the Frankland Chapel. There are other examples of her work in churches in Yorkshire, the closest one being St Mary, Thirsk.
The north window in the chancel is by the church’s architect, E.B.Lamb.
The large east window is also the work of the Frankland family.
Sunday Gang have been looking at stained glass windows in other churches, learning how they are used to tell a story.
They have been making their own ‘stained glass window’ from card and tissue paper.
It was first seen complete at the Carol Service on Sunday 22 December