Welcome to All Saints Church – where small is beautiful!
We’re a friendly, active, rural church, serving two villages, farms and hamlets.
We are committed to Church in Community, exploring ways to serve and share the love of Jesus in this community and beyond.
We delight in using the recently upgraded church building as much as we can, and as well as church services we have hosted Rural Arts events, jazz nights, concerts, organ recitals and flower festivals.
Church services include monthly Holy Communion (Common Worship), lay-led Morning Praise, and celebration of major Festivals. There is a very small and quiet side chapel for use at any time.
In January 2014 we were delighted to receive funding towards restoring the tower windows and augmenting the bells.
Church events also take place in the Parish Hall (available for hire – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org) at Great Thirkleby, a few hundred yards from church.
Are you an Organist? Come and play the restored Denman organ! (please contact us in advance).
All Saints was designed by the ‘rogue’ Victorian architect Edward Buckton Lamb and was built in 1851 by Lady Frankland-Russell of Thirkleby Park, in memory of her husband. There are several Frankland memorials and other monumental inscriptions in the church.
The church is surrounded by open fields and paddocks. Part of the churchyard is a sanctuary for wildlife (YWT Living Churchyard scheme) and it provides a tranquil place to be. A public footpath goes through the churchyard, linking up with scenic walks to Coxwold, Kilburn, the White Horse and beyond.
Find us at ExploreChurches.org